Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Complete Cyclocross Diaries Archive

Our fabulous host Heidi sums it up nicely in one blog post over at Wend Magazine. Already looking forward to cross-racing 2010.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Don't let your dog eat raisins or grapes!

That's right - they are potentially toxic. Whodathunk? Veterinary professionals are still studying this, but it appears as only some raisins and grapes contain an element that can cause liver failure in dogs. Or maybe it's only some dogs that are effected?

After returning from the mountain yesterday I discovered Kuma had pulled the large bag of raisins off the counter - and devoured the entire thing. Little Telluride has taken in a few I think too. After a quick call to my dear Kelly, it was off to her clinic for us all. After making them puke, feeding them a slurry of wet dog food and charcoal, and giving them a hefty sub-q dose of water (under the skin) - we could only hope and watch. Apparently they would start showing signs of nausea and lethargy within 24 hours, which they did not, but damage can appear as long as 72 hours later. Luckily for us, Kuma and little Telli appear to be doing fine and are showing no ill effects.

Heads up friends... keep those raisins stashed away tight, next to the chocolate and herbs. :)